Sunday, October 07, 2007

Children's Ministry

Children's Ministry

We just got back from church where I tackled the children’s ministry by myself for the first time. I couldn’t find any of the pre-packaged kids’ packets that I liked so I put one together from scratch for the parable of the lost sheep. I didn’t have a translator so I relied heavily on God’s Word to speak for itself, in Ukrainian. I asked if everyone understood and they did, except for Dominic and Joshua. Oops. I went through the parable again in English and then we went to work on coloring and crafts. My class consisted of five Ukrainians and two Americans. We are praying that this number will continue to grow as word gets out about how much fun the kids are having while learning about the Bible.


Maxime's Artwork
Maxime was excited to take his coloring home.


This Lamb is for You Mommy
“This lamb is for you Mommy.” (and yes, the wool was made from shredding your cosmetic cotton puff pads. Sorry Mom.) The Ukrainian verse below the lamb says:

See that you do not look down on one of these little ones. For I tell you that their angels in heaven always see the face of my Father in heaven.
Matthew 18:10

No comments: