Thursday, March 20, 2008

Fire in the Hospital

Fire in the Hospital


Today we had some excitement at the hospital near where we live. A small fire broke out somewhere near the top floor. Thankfully it was small and no one seemed to have been injured.


Fire in the Hospital


We were just surprised to see how quickly everything came together with all the different agencies working together. What they lacked in equipment, the Army, Fire Department, Police, and hospital staff made up for in cooperation. Had it not been for their uniforms, I would have thought it was all one organization working to save lives.

I couldn't help but think that the same should be true of Christians. I see too often cases where people's church affiliation keeps them from working with other churches to do exactly what they should be doing, saving lives. How many more souls could be won for Christ if we could learn to put aside doctrinal differences? I'm not saying we need to "take off the uniform of our beliefs" and pretend to all believe the same thing. I'm saying that like those men and women I saw all wearing different uniforms today, we should focus on our common goal of saving lives.


Fire in the Hospital
This is why I've never seen a fire hydrant.


Fire in the Hospital
Things seemed to be going OK until they pressurized the hose and it blew.


Fire in the Hospital
I'm pretty sure that the doctors, nurses, and patients watching from the 12th floor weren't exactly filled with confidence as they watched the hose rupture.

No comments: