Thursday, February 15, 2007

No Photos



There was a car accident on the road near where we live on Sunday. It was just a minor accident with little damage, but everyone from the village seemed to be coming to look at the two cars. The police were there for about an hour so I decided to walk over and see what the big deal was. I took a few pictures because it struck me as odd that so many people were just standing around looking at a smashed bumper. before I knew it one of the police officers came running across the road yelling at me. He was yelling "No photo! No photo!" I showed him the pictures I had taken and while I didn't understand much of what he was saying, I understood, "Delete! Delete!" So he watched as I deleted each one of the pictures I had innocently taken. I thought they were pretty good, but you'll just have to take my word for it.

I still haven't gotten use to the fact that we at the Castle here are like our own little community. In the morning, I often eat breakfast with not only my teachers, but Joshua's teachers as well. In the afternoon, I have a class with one of Joshua's teachers and we have group discussions together. In the evening, I sometimes sit around with my teachers and Joshua's teachers and have coffee while we discuss the days events and our children all play together nearby. Even stranger is that while there are people here from 15 different countries, some people are from San Luis Obispo and Visalia. It really is a small world.




Here's a picture of me cleaning out the barn. Yes Dad, they have a John Deere too and it's bigger.

No comments: