Friday, October 06, 2006


Yesterday, I noticed that there seemed to be alot of pine trees along the East Cuesta Ridge. I resolved that I would venture to those pines on my mountain bike today. I wanted to get a closer look at some of God's wonders that are hidden among the hills. I was rewarded at every turn. I was struck by the fact that no human hand could ever hope to craft such amazing beauty.



Each turn in the road revealed things more incredible than the next. I could feel the stress of everyday life melt away as I did my best to take it all in.



The rock formations reminded me of how violent their creation must have been. I felt small and humbled before the Greatness of God.



As I looked down on our little city of San Luis Obispo, I realized what a narrow view I often take. I don't always understand why things happen the way they do because I can't see the big picture. Even from the highest point around, I still couldn't really see the whole thing. Just a small slice of the pie. I can't see across the ocean or over the mountains, or even around the corner. Then again, I don't have to. All I have to do is put my trust in the One who can.

Trust in the LORD with all your heart,
And lean not on your own understanding;
In all your ways acknowledge Him,
And He shall direct your paths.

Proverbs 3:5-6

No comments: