Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Day 2 and 3 of Vacation Bible School


Yesterday and today went really well at the Boys’ Home. We told the boys about Daniel and the lions’ den yesterday so our theme involved lions. I had a lot of fun helping make lion masks and playing the part of Daniel as I was “thrown” to the lions. Today as we told the story of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego being saved from the furnace, I noticed how the boys are really opening up to us and just being themselves. They were a little shy the first day, but now it blesses me to see how excited they are as they volunteer to sing for us and tell us what they know about the bible. I’m praying that we’ll have more opportunities to visit them in the future. I can see how much our time there means to them. I know the reality is that most of the boys there will spend their entire lives in an institution. If we can share one thing with them, let it be the Hope that we have in Christ.


No comments: