Castle Hill is the current location of St. John's Catholic church
The small stone marker in the bottom right hand corner of the above photo marks the location of Castle Hill where the city was founded in 1032 by Yaroslav the Wise. The city was originally called Yuriv, after the Christian name of Yaroslav, but once a stone white painted cathedral (no longer in existence) was built, people began to call the city "White Church" or Bila Tserkva.
Today, another white church, the Cathedral of St. John the Baptist, stands on Castle Hill having been built in 1812.
The marker on Castle Hill
Castle Hill is located at: 49°47'29.38"N 30° 6'36.55"E